Welcome to Maryport, the Queen of the Solway.
Maryport is the southernmost town on the Solway Firth. This hidden gem is situated near the Lakes and by the sea. Apart from being a family destination with plenty of fun activities available, Maryport has a history that dates back to Roman times and much of its architecture reflects its Georgian history.
There are several festivals throughout the year including the nationally renowned Blues Festival, and its annual trawler race. Why not make Maryport your next port of call.
The Maryport Area Coastal Community Team is a joint venture, between local council, District Council, local traders, tourist attractions, community groups and individuals working with a wide range of partners, to tackle the town’s key challenges and bring in improvements.
Theirs aims are;
- Oversee the development and delivery of further economic growth;
- Seek and support new developments and projects;
- Promote Maryport as a high quality destination town;
- Preserving and promoting the heritage of the town;
- Continue to improve the town centre and Harbour and Marina
- Support the enterprise and entrepreneurship culture;
- Support a coordinated and targeted marketing of the town; and,
- Supporting and contributing to the skills, education and employability of young people.
Learn more about CCA, what we do and our projects.
Join the conversation #CoastalTeams
What’s up SDN! Are y’all pumped up after that iPhone 11 at 11 Rally Readiness Call!?? Starting tomorrow I’ll be in… https://t.co/qGLBGNsx0g
Have your say on the Southwold Boating Lake! Southwold Town Council and the Southwold Coastal Community Team are lo… https://t.co/vazqZLh3og
Today we celebrated Orange County West’s top 10 Mobile Experts,for Q2, at our quarterly Lunch of Champions. For som… https://t.co/WN7bgyI55t
Have your say on the Southwold Boating Lake! Southwold Town Council and the Southwold Coastal Community Team are lo… https://t.co/fWSYRvttNp
Out and about in Orange County West today hitting 5 stores talking all things Facilities! Thanks for spending the d… https://t.co/5suyFCGyIe
Hooray! Yes do! Just sorting out fossils, pond nets and firing up the bug hoover at the mo… Bring your buckets, s… https://t.co/cKK6Chom1P
Work to create a new children’s play area at the seafront in Lowestoft will begin over the next few weeks, funded b… https://t.co/Y8vfMvV2uL