Welcome to Maryport, the Queen of the Solway.
Maryport is the southernmost town on the Solway Firth. This hidden gem is situated near the Lakes and by the sea. Apart from being a family destination with plenty of fun activities available, Maryport has a history that dates back to Roman times and much of its architecture reflects its Georgian history.
There are several festivals throughout the year including the nationally renowned Blues Festival, and its annual trawler race. Why not make Maryport your next port of call.
The Maryport Area Coastal Community Team is a joint venture, between local council, District Council, local traders, tourist attractions, community groups and individuals working with a wide range of partners, to tackle the town’s key challenges and bring in improvements.
Theirs aims are;
- Oversee the development and delivery of further economic growth;
- Seek and support new developments and projects;
- Promote Maryport as a high quality destination town;
- Preserving and promoting the heritage of the town;
- Continue to improve the town centre and Harbour and Marina
- Support the enterprise and entrepreneurship culture;
- Support a coordinated and targeted marketing of the town; and,
- Supporting and contributing to the skills, education and employability of young people.
Learn more about CCA, what we do and our projects.
Join the conversation #CoastalTeams
Out and about in Orange County West today hitting 5 stores talking all things Facilities! Thanks for spending the d… https://t.co/5suyFCGyIe
Hooray! Yes do! Just sorting out fossils, pond nets and firing up the bug hoover at the mo… Bring your buckets, s… https://t.co/cKK6Chom1P
Work to create a new children’s play area at the seafront in Lowestoft will begin over the next few weeks, funded b… https://t.co/Y8vfMvV2uL
Work to regenerate Lowestoft’s South Beach and seafront area is progressing well, with several key projects now und… https://t.co/aqfilJ8nt8
I5 &Oceanside Gladiators- You guys are the Real MVPs. Thank you for your heart, your hustle, and relentless pursuit… https://t.co/IE7wIRPZKC
What do you get when celebrating 14 amazing years at T-Mobile?! Well in Coastal CA you get custom Chris Cupcakes w/… https://t.co/s1IznxvnVK