Felixstowe Forward, the Coastal Community Team was launched in April 2015. The joint venture, between East Suffolk Council, Felixstowe Town Council and Suffolk County Council, will work with a wide range of partners, including businesses and community groups, to tackle the town’s key challenges and bring in improvements.
Among its aims, Felixstowe Forward will work in the heart of Felixstowe to:
- Oversee the development and delivery of further economic growth;
- To build upon its reputation as a dynamic and prosperous town;
- Seek and support new developments and projects;
- Promote Felixstowe as a high quality destination town;
- Preserving and promoting the heritage of the town;
- Continue to improve the town centre and seafront trading rejuvenation;
- Support and develop an enterprise and entrepreneurship culture;
- Support a coordinated and targeted marketing of the town; and,
- Supporting and contributing to the skills, education and employability of young people.