Coastal Culture Network
Supporting great arts and culture in coastal communities
Culture and the coast are inextricably linked. Always part of the English seaside offer, in recent years, contemporary arts and culture have helped to reinvigorate many coastal towns following the decline of traditional tourism. The potential of culture to be a key driver for regeneration is now widely acknowledged and nowhere is this more evident than on the coast.
Coastal communities often face particular challenges, which have been recognised by Government through the work of the Coastal Communities Alliance and initiatives like the Coastal Communities Fund and support for Coastal Community Teams.
There are some inspiring examples of how culture has helped to address these challenges. Many have been supported by strategic funders such as Arts Council England, who are keen to see good practice spread and more coastal communities benefit.
These factors have led to establishing a new Coastal Culture Network (CCN) that aims to strengthen the network of cultural provision around the coast and see the benefits of cultural activity reach more communities.
- Bring together coastal local authorities, cultural organisations, Coastal Community Teams and others with an interest in the role of culture in coastal communities
- Share good practice, information and opportunities in order to facilitate increased activity
- Advocate for the role of culture in the regeneration and development of England’s coastal communities with partners and strategic stakeholders
You can sign up for free and members are able to:
- Create a profile
- Search other member profiles to build partnerships
- Access case studies, information and resources
- Receive our newsletter
- Join our online discussion forum
The Coastal Culture Network has developed out of the Opera For All project, a partnership between Magna Vitae (Project Lead), Garsington Opera and the Coastal Communities Alliance, and funded by Arts Council England.
Learn more about the Coastal Culture Network
Sign up to join the network and our online forum here.
Our Case Studies
Be inspired by great examples of cultural activity in coastal communities.
Join the conversation #CulturalCoast
Loading new posts...3 days ago3 weeks ago3 weeks ago
Beach anyone? More about our new network which will bring art and culture to England’s coastlines… https://t.co/y8uDjJolyj4 weeks ago4 weeks ago4 weeks ago4 weeks ago4 weeks ago4 weeks ago4 weeks ago4 weeks ago
Bringing art and culture to England’s coastlines. More about our new network which launches today!… https://t.co/EFZzvvPzgI4 weeks ago4 weeks ago4 weeks ago4 weeks ago4 weeks ago